The beauty of franchise ownership is the freedom to run your own business within the existing support of the established brand. If you find the right franchise, you don’t have to go at it on your own. You will get training up front and ongoing support to keep your business growing and flourishing. But the level of support you receive is certainly not guaranteed across all franchise opportunities. So it’s important to make sure you do your research and confirm that the franchise you’re interested in will provide the level of support you need once you sign on the dotted line.
To avoid being left to your own devices as soon as you become an official franchise owner, be sure to look for these critical support systems:
- Upfront training – make sure there’s a comprehensive training program upfront so you can learn the ins and outs of the business for a strong start.
- Ongoing support protocols – this is where many franchises often fall off. It’s crucial to ensure that you will have a support system that includes regular contact with the corporate team, consistent meetings and training opportunities.
- Owner support system – one of the best ways to ensure long-term success is to leverage the network of existing owners that have already gone through the challenges that you will face. See what kind of access you’ll have to existing owners through forums, networks, etc.
- Existing Marketing Materials – you’ll want to save both time and money by leveraging existing materials.
- Programs for expansion - ask about what they’re actively doing to deal with industry changes to ensure that there are opportunities for new profit centers and continued growth year over year.
To learn more about how JumpBunch provides support to the entire family of franchise owners – read up on our superior training and support.